



We went on our ward campout at Aspen Lakes in Heber this weekend. After setting up our tents on Friday evening, Kjell took the boys for a short canoe ride followed by climbing at the obstacle course. That evening we roasted marshmallows and visited with friends. Marcus and Holden slept well but baby Wether insisted on snuggling with me. He didn't cry and it was nice and cool that night, so I did get a few winks.
Saturday we woke up early to a hot breakfast made by the men in the pavillion. Afterward we went on a breathtaking hike where we saw a fox and found the second lake available to the campsite with not a person around (everyone was on the other lake) - so Kjell took the boys fishing (no luck). We finished the morning swimming with some friends and Kjell and I had to try the zip line over the lake!
Photo 5 - Kjell and the boys canoeing on Aspen Lake
Photo 6 - A view from the hike
Photo 7 - 3 brothers in a canoe
Photo 8 - We trapped W.W. in his pack n' play so he wouldn't play in the fire...it didn't last long
Photo 9 - Making s'mores with surprising patience
Photo 10 - Marcus shared his glow-in-the-dark bracelets with all the kids camping. Here are M & H with Bailey and Emma
Photo 11 - Bailey playing in the tent with Marcus and Holden before going to sleep.
6 comments:
What a great ward activity!! I've never been to Aspen Lakes before....it looks beautiful! Our ward is doing a swim party.....that starts at 9pm! Hello! Who is going to take their small children swimming from 9-11pm? Hope you're feeling well!
What a fun activity! That area looks beautiful.
Looks like a such a fun time! I'm sure your boys had a blast!
Wait wait wait, a baby bump? You're pregnant? CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look amazing! I'm so glad you guys are livin' it up all over the country - so fun!
Wow! Gorgeous!
Looks like so much fun! Sure wish we could see you guys again sometime...can you believe baby Zeya is 10 months old? It's been almost a year since I saw you--crazy! Let me know if you're planning a trip this way :)
Post a Comment