Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day









My kids sure are lucky to have such a great dad. As I'm writing this, Kjell is wiping ice cream off of Marcus' various body parts (he ate broccoli and salmon for dinner tonight, so he got a nice dessert:), after which he'll brush Marcus' teeth, read him a story, and say prayers with him. Kjell does this nightly after playing with both boys after work. Much of this he does from following the example of his dad. Thanks Larry!


Fortuneately, I was blessed with a fabulous father myself who is off doing his absolute favorite thing this evening - boating with my mom. They're anchored off of Eaton's Neck in Long Island Sound.


Last week our good friends Ben and Kat stayed with us. Their daughter Maggie is 10 days younger than Marcus and they've been friends since the womb. When they weren't hitting or stealing toys from each other, they had a lot of fun!


As Marcus gets older he's developing more of his own opinions, especially about what to wear. His favorite shirt is the tie-dye one seen in the picture. If I don't hide it, he begs me to wear it everyday. He also often requests that I wear my shirt with the polka-dots (as seen in the picture). So, if you happen to see me in plaid pants with a striped shirt, you'll know I succumbed to Marcus' whims on what I wear.


Holden is growing very quickly. I'm working on getting him on a schedule, so far so good, except that sometimes he likes to be awake at night. On such occasions I put him in a bouncy chair with the light on and he entertains himself before falling asleep without crying (I have no idea how long he's awake since I am snoozing soundly in the next room). Is he a good baby or what?




1 comment:

Bringhursts said...

Olivia-You look amazing! I can't believe you have a brand new baby. What a beautiful family.