
It has been hot hot hot this week in sunny Utah. After mowing the lawn yesterday, a joint effort between Kjell and Marcus, all three boys cooled off in the kiddie pool. Marcus loved to pour cups of water over Holden's body, which I let him do since Holden didn't seem to mind and Marcus thought it was hilarious.Kjell spent his evenings this week on some on-line courses required before he starts the EMBA program at BYU in August. He's ready for a break that, lucky for him, will come next week. The boys, Pam, and I will fly to CT on Friday and Kjell will join us on Tuesday night. We're looking forward to watching fireworks aboard "Maramor" (mom and dad's boat), going swimming and, of course, eating my mom's delicious cooking! I'm dreading the plane ride as usual, but I'm sure Pam's help will be invaluable.
Marcus' favorite form of communicating is pointing and grunting. Yesterday, he got excited when I took the syrup out of the fridge. He immediately started making noise, pointing to the syrup then pointing to his pancakes. In an effort to get him to talk I pretended like I didn't know what he wanted, which just caused further grunts and pointing. Finally I gave in and let him have his topping. Let it be noted that Marcus can talk quite well when he wants to. For instance, he has no problem at all saying "more", "candy", "pool", "bubble" and my personal favorite "Daddy pee pee" when he hears the telltale sounds coming from the bathroom. He also likes to point to Holden's body parts and name them, although I've had to teach him to point to the baby's eye, not stick his finger in it! When he wants to watch a movie, he'll move furniture around in order to reach up to a high shelf to find the DVDs which he will then bring to me ("how did you get that?!") and signal that Shrek is his choice of the day.
I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa Love are counting the days until they'll be holdin' Holden (one of those jokes that never gets old...) and we are certainly looking forward to holding them too:)





1 comment:
Cute pictures... Holden has grown so much since I last saw him. Call me if you still want to do pool time this week...
Post a Comment