We're back from a fabulous weekend in Oregon. Marcus has gone through the pictures several times saying the names of all of his uncles and aunt, although for some reason he calls Bjorn "orange". I have some great pictures of Marcus & Holden with Kjell's family, which I will continue to post.Since I am very tired right now from a long day of traveling and unpacking, I'm going to let Grandma Ruby (Kjell's mom)
summarize our trip:"I’ll start with the highlight of the week and that was the visit of Kjell, Olivia, Marcus and Holden. My, what sweet grandsons I have, wouldn’t you agree? K & O arrived Friday afternoon and left Seaside this evening and they sure packed a lot into their short visit, and we shared many of the activities with them. While here they went to the beach 3 times (Marcus is crazy about water.....he loves it!), had a BBQ with the Smiths (Bruce & Linda, Austin, Mike & Melissa plus McCords), hiked around the place checking out the change in the landscape with a number of alder trees missing, rode bikes to the Mainline and hiked to the top of Carl’s Mountain, visited Aunt Erna and Uncle Perry, went to Church with us (of course), threw rocks in the river at Grandma’s house, picked blackberries and blueberries, baked two blackberry pies, etc. I throughly enjoyed playing with Marcus and Holden and getting to know them a little better. For me, the best part of their visit was on Sunday when Kjell ordained Bjorn as an Elder in the Melchizedik Priesthood. Through Kjell a beautiful blessing was given to Bjorn. Thanks Kjell, for being there and for being worthy. If Dad hadn’t had to work, he would have done the ordination, but Bjorn didn’t want to wait until Dad was available. I think it all turned out for the best."


3 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip. Very cool that Kjell was able to ordain his brother. I bet that was a neat expereince. And, of course, what could be better than the ocean?
olivia! i dont remember seeing the sun!?!?! :) cute pics!
Looks like you guys had a fun trip. Next summer we definetly have to coordinate! The Oregon coast is so beautiful. Glad you had a nice visit with Kjell's family!
Post a Comment