Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oregon















We're back from our annual trip to Oregon. We played and ate and slept...it was wonderful. Unlike last year, we didn't swim in the ocean much. The water was so cold that it was painful - even with wetsuits! Still, we went to the beach almost daily and let the boys play in the sand. Kjell and I did go boogie boarding one day. Most of all, we loved spending time and catching up with family. Kjell's sister Emma-Kate was married on Saturday and we were glad to be able to help out with the wedding. The boys were in heaven with all of the uncles playing with them, tractors, dirt, rides, hikes, ocean, etc. They slept beautifully every naptime and evening!



Photo 1 - A ride in the wagon. Doesn't Kjell look cute in boots?
Photo 2 - Holden's first haircut. Grandma Ruby did a great job and was impressed with how still Holden stayed.
Photo 3 - A ride on the Tilt-O-Whirl.
Photo 4 - A ride on Grandpa's tractor (when Marcus said his prayers that night he said "thank thee for scooping dirt and for scooping sticks").
Photo 5 - Holden on Grandpa Larry's lap.
Photo 6 - Back-row - Marcus, Bjorn, Holden, Kye, Shawn; Front-row - Keith, Emma-Kate, Kjell
Photo 7 - Kjell and Carl - do they look alike or what?!
Photo 8 - Ruby, Emma-Kate, & Olivia - Can you see Holden picking flowers?
Photo 9 - It took some bribing, but we convinced Marcus to hold Emma-Kate's train. She was escorted by her brother Bjorn.
Photo 10 - Uncles Kye and Bjorn playing catch with Marcus. Marcus insisted on calling Uncle Bjorn "J.P." who is my brother. We'd correct him and correct him, but Uncle Bjorn remained "J.P." throughout the trip:)
Photo 11 - McCord clan - Kye, Kjell, Larry, Ruby, Emma-Kate, Keith (the groom), Carl, & Bjorn (missing - Per, Shawn, Joshua, & Tryg).


5 comments:

debbie rowley said...

We are heading to the coast this weekend. Sorry we missed you guys! Looks like you had a fun trip!

Howse said...

Welcome back, buddy! I'm glad you guys had a fun time. I love the picture of Kjell with the stripped shirt and plaid pants because Dave wore an almost IDENTICAL outfit yesterday and I just laughed when I saw him. I'm like honey- you can't mix patterns like that. lol- silly boys. By the way- where did Kjell's mom pick those names for her boys?

ps- for play group on Tues. were meeting at the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point at 10 o'clock. It's only $2 on Tuesdays , woo-hoo!

The Nixons said...

Hey looks like you had a good time, and I LOVE your cute dress.... and look at your little baby bump how cute!

Jenn said...

What a fun time in Oregon! Fun to see pics of Kate's wedding and all of my cousins. I can't believe Holden already has all his teeth! Anjuli is still getting hers... What cute kids you have :)

Julia said...

What a fabulous family trip! Well it is pretty obvious where Holden got his red hair. I'm glad he stayed so still for his haircut. You look so great!