


Marcus has learned many new skills in the past weeks, like putting on his underwear and pants all by himself. He can also undo his seat belt and get out of the car, clean up all his toys, and say lengthy prayers at night. His daddy has been teaching him how to shoot rubber bands, his new favorite activity (thanks Kjell). I get a kick out of the fact that his undies are inside out and backward most of the time, but he absolutely refuses help. He wore his pants backward to church today, very proudly I might add. He's also learning to write his letters, we've done L and O so far, and Kjell makes Swedish pancakes with him every Sunday morning. He's especially good with a mixer and improving on his egg-cracking skills.
His cute little personality comes out daily. Sometimes when we can't find something he'll say a bee took it and flew it away. Or he'll put his foot in time-out when he accidentally trips. He's all about "turns" and fairness and seems to love pre-school. Trains are still number 1 in Marcus' book. "I want to build a so great big huge long huge track" is often heard at our house. One day he told me that Marcus is mommy's "sweet darling" and Holdy is mommy's "doll boy" and he beams with pride when I call him this self-appointed pet name. Apparently, we've been a little too liberal at letting him go pee-pee in the bushes when we're playing outside in our yard, since last week he did so on the slide at the park before I could stop him. Although he certainly tries us at times, we surely love this little boy.
7 comments:
He peed on the slide at the park? That is hilarious. I'm still laughing.
I can't believe how grown up they are getting! I'm also laughing at the peeing on the slide thing. My boys refuse to pee anywhere but in the toilet. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to run for a bathroom. It's good to see how well you guys are doing.
Your kids are getting so big! We miss you guys and still need to get together. We also need to come see the house. I wish you well with your pregnancy.
He is too cute, it sounds like something Karter would do. We need to get those two together to play!!
What a smarty! Maybe I should put Allen in preschool.
What is it about little boys and trains? My little boy loves "choo choos" as well.
Marcus is dang cute, by the way.
What a cutie! I can't believe how big Marcus is! Olivia, have I told you before how much I think you look like Maggie Gyllenhaal? We saw The Dark Knight a few weeks ago and I couldn't get over how much I thought you look like the girl, Rachel. Has anyone ever told you that before? You're just beautiful.
Post a Comment