Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mirror

After a thorough search, I finally found a mirror to hang above our master bathroom vanity. Ikea's montag mirror is the right height, length, and, most importantly, price! It's just the complete wrong style (contemporary) and color (photo 1). But those things are easy to fix...after a little trim, paint, and stain, here is the outcome (photo 2). A much closer match to the vanity.


10 comments:

The Nixons said...

OLIVIA!!! That looks FANTASTIC!!! You are so talented...

Chastina said...

Wow! Your mirror looks fabulous!

Janelle said...

That's awesome! I never would have thought to do that.

Jessica Petersen said...

You did a great job! This is going to sound stupid, but you just used the glass part right? Or did you put some trim on top of the existing frame? Where'd you buy the trim? It looks GREAT and you matched the colors perfectly.

Olivia McCord said...

I put the trim on top of the existing frame. The trim is from Home Depot.

The Smiths said...

Awesome! So so talented!

Carrilyne said...

Wow! I'm totally going to have to remember that when i finally get to replace my mirrors!

Unknown said...

Wow, I am impressed with your skills! Hope all is well with you and your family. Happy Holidays.

kathryn said...

olivia, i am officially hiring you as my personal interior decorator and designer... now i just need to find a house for you to decorate!

Jenn said...

Wow Olivia, you are amazing! Love it.