Monday, February 9, 2009

Welcome William Wetherill McCord
















We are ecstatic to announce the newest member of our family has arrived! William Wetherill (Wether) was born on Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 6:17 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. and was 20 inches long.






Hours after my mom left for the airport to return to Connecticut (she had been here for 10 days hoping to witness Wether's birth) I started to feel contractions; it was around 3am on Saturday morning. I felt the contractions all day but wasn't absolutely sure they were true labor contractions until around 4pm when they started to get stronger. Kjell and I left for the hosptial almost immediately and Kjell's brother Joshua came over to watch Marcus and Holden and later in the evening was relieved by Pam (thank you!).

I was 4.5 cm dialated upon arrival and progressing quickly. I decided against an epidural and of course regretted that decision almost immediately! Still, Wether was born less then 2 hours after arriving at the hospital. He looks very much like Marcus did as a newborn; he's a good eater and has definitely found his voice. We are thrilled to welcome him into our family.

28 comments:

Chastina said...

Congrats on the arrival of your newest family member!

Unknown said...

How adorable! You sure do have fast labors. I remember when you delivered Marcus. Didn't you almost have him in the car on the way to the hospital? Let me know if I'm wrong! What an exciting time for your family. :) Take care.

Sandra said...

We are so excited for your family!! Wether is absolutely adorable..can't wait to meet him one day. All our love.

debbie rowley said...

Congratulations! What a cutie! You are my hero- a la natural birth! I don't know how you do it!

Brittany said...

Yeah! COngrats! He's adorable, and yes I do see a lot of Marcus in him. Hope you're feeling well.

The Smiths said...

Yea!!!!! Again congrats! Sad your mom missed it by that much.

Carrilyne said...

congrats! he's so adorable! now, why in the world would you regret an epidural!:o)

The Johstoneaux Family said...

How sweet! What a cutie! I sure feel for you doing those babies natural. For your sake, I'm glad it didn't last any longer! I asked Marcus if he got to see his new baby brother and his response was "Uh huh, I got a Henry present." :)

The Nixons said...

Olivia he is adorable! Congratulations... Let me know when your up for visitors.

PJ McCord Family said...

Olivia and Kjell,
I'm so happy for you--and for us too! We love nephews!
I'm so glad I get to meet William Wetherill soon and catch up with you.
It's difficult to stay close when we're 2,000 miles from each other. We really are jealous of your friends who get to be with you guys often! :)
Welcome to the world beautiful little man!
Lots of love,
Julie,Per,and the boys

PJ McCord Family said...

Olivia and Kjell,
I'm so happy for you--and for us too! We love nephews!
I'm so glad I get to meet William Wetherill soon and catch up with you.
It's difficult to stay close when we're 2,000 miles from each other. We really are jealous of your friends who get to be with you guys often! :)
Welcome to the world beautiful little man!
Lots of love,
Julie,Per,and the boys

missy d said...

Congrats you guys!!!

Rebecca said...

CONGRATS!! A Beautiful baby!!

Anonymous said...

Aaaaawwww ... brings back great memories. You sure have beautiful babies! Your cuz, Jackie

Jen said...

He is beautiful! I love his blonde hair. I bet his big brothers are so proud. I love having 3 little men. Congratulations!

Janelle said...

Congrats! He's beautiful. And do you have lipstick on in the hospital? After a natural birth? You are amazing. Remind me never to show you my post-birth pictures - they are SCARY.

Andrea said...

How exciting!! I liked the photos. That's too bad your mom missed the special event.

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Congrats...he is a lil' cutie!! Hope all is well. Get as much sleep as possible with 3 boys!!

Erin R. said...

No epidural....eek! Hope you are doing well. Let us know if you need help with anything!

Zui said...

Way to go girlie! How exciting and a big congratulations to you and the fam!

Muffin said...

so cute! Congrats! We'll have to come and visit when everyone in my house is feeling well!

Let me know if you need anything...meals, a babysitter, etc... Just let me know....

Grant and Stacy said...

Congrats! He's a cutie!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet "Wether" and see you all soon!

Bringhursts said...

Yay congratulations! He is precious. The names you pick are so unique and fun. Where did you get the middle name from?

Also, you look amazing after just giving birth. I don't allow cameras on me in the delivery room since my face swells up like a hot air balloon.

Jen said...

Congratulations! He looks adorable! Good luck with the new baby/recuperating bit! I wish I was there to come visit!

kathryn said...

he is precious! yay for you guys and baby # 3! i love it. we will come and see you soon!

kathryn said...

p.s. i love the picture of holden with the baby and the graham cracker. cash ate all my graham crackers and half my dinner when he came in to see oscar for the first time. he was more interested in the food than he was the baby! (until he saw the baby's toes and then he wanted to "crack baby's piggies"...)

April P. said...

Welcome William! I am sorry I didn't check your blog earlier! I am glad you and baby are well. You seem to have swift deliveries, which is a major BONUS! I am so excited for you and your family. I seriously need to call you to check up. Take care of yourself!