Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oregon













































































































We’re back from our annual fabulous trip the wilds of Oregon. Overall it was bonding time as a couple family, and extended family filled with the usual adventures, including:
The beach! Freezing and wild it didn’t stop us from boogie boarding in our wet suits on 2 different occasions (once with Uncle Shawn). We also visited Hug Point with the Per McCord family where we played in the sand, flew kites, waded, and climbed on rocks.
Hiking! We brought our stroller and backpacks to Oregon…next time we’re ditching the stroller! We hiked a little bit of Tillamook Head at Ecola State Park, behind Kjell’s house (once filled with huge trees…now a little barren due to a storm in December of 2007), and around the Sitka Spruce State Park.
Eating! Lots of delicious meals cooked by Ruby. One night she cooked for 17 people – no problemo for a mother of 9. Did I mention that we never went without fresh cookies? We also never fail to visit one of the many candy kitchens in Seaside and Canon Beach. Time to start running again in the new shoes I got at the Seaside Outlet mall.
Family time! A trip with Ruby to run errands and garage-saling with Ruby and my sister-in-law Julie. A lovely date with Kjell including a date at Doogan’s in Seaside. Wading and splashing in a beautiful, warm (compared to the ocean) river. Julie and Olivia hiking with 5 little boys. Playing tourists in Seaside with Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Larry as we rode the tilt-a-whorl, bumper cars, and miniature train. We also loved catching up with Uncle Per and Aunt Julie and their cuties Kurt, Ansel, and Lars, Uncle Shawn and Vanessa, Aunt Emma-kate and Keith, Uncle Carl, and Uncle Kye (who recently graduated high school).

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I LOVED the Oregon pictures. I miss Oregon. Ruby definitely has some cute grandkids. And Olivia, you look like a million dollars! How do you stay so fit?

I've been keeping my mission blog, and I will make sure that you are "invited" to see it!
Love,
Ramona