| Marcus holding Wether. |
One thing that Wether learned at a particularly young age was to sing. Months ago I would often hear snippets of the alphabet or “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” but almost wouldn’t believe my ears. Since then, his vocabulary has increased remarkably and he can sing whole songs. He’ll repeat any word you say and then later use it in the correct context. He says “Tank you” every time I give him something, a habit he developed from listening to his brothers.” When he’s not talking, he’s babbling, yelling, singing, throwing a tantrum, laughing, or fussing. Wether is not a quiet child unless he is being mischievious, at which point not a sound is made (unless you count the plop of miscellanea being dropped into the toilet, the sucking of toothpaste out of the tube or the swish of the entire roll of toilet paper unraveled – he likes bathrooms).
WW does not like to be left out of the action. If I set a lunch out for Marcus and Holden at their picnic table there had better be a spot for Wether or I’ll hear about it. It does not go unnoticed when the big boys get ice cream cones – he wants one too! Whereas Holden is content to play by himself, Wether will follow a pack of kids around like a puppy, banging on doors to be let in or wanting a turn at whatever they are doing. I have a feeling that when he is a little older he’ll be the leader of his own pack.
| Eating pizza in the kitchen. |
Wether is a runner. It is difficult to go anywhere that is not fully enclosed unless I want a lot of exercise. Too many embarrassing times, a neighbor has brought him home soaking wet from playing in their sprinkler. At church, any chance he gets he bolts to the front of the chapel and climbs up on the stand. Did I mention that he is fast? I may have been on the Connecticut State Track Team, but pregnant me in 3- inch heels is no match for a determined Wether (and he is always determined). Before he was even walking, at playgrounds while other babies were sitting at the mother’s feet, Wether would crawl to the top of the highest stairs. Now he goes down the slides with a big grin on his face.
Wether will run to anyone with open arms. I have no problems leaving him at nursery, the gym daycare or other people’s homes as long as there are other kids and/or a lot of toys. At home, the playroom, his brothers, and Baby Einstein can interest Wether for hours. That combined with the fact that he is a very good eater (he loves to come up to anyone who’s eating, open his mouth wide, and say “ahhhhh”. This has gotten him many French fries at Seven Peaks), and a fantastic sleeper really makes him an easy child. Plus there is the laugh factor. WW makes us laugh constantly with his many antics, including but not limited to his dancing, tongue noises, his escape artistry (did he find a way outside again?), his acting out what he wants (he usually leaves no question. What could you possible want by pointing into the baby backpack and trying to climb into it?), and just being plain adorable.
It’s hard to imagine life before Wether. He’s a born leader with the potential to influence many lives. He’s a ray of sunshine to anyone he encounters.
3 comments:
You are such a great mom to record the personalities of your boys when they are young! It is so important to write these things down, I didn't so I know. I am withing I had done the same. I love your boys, they are a joy!
What an energetic young man!
I love this! I'm sure he will love to hear how he acted when he gets older.
So stinkin' cute. Need I say more about your boys! Love them...so do my kiddos!
Post a Comment