Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Soccer Dud to Soccer Stud!

The Leprechauns

He shoots, he scores!

With his usual smile on his face

Running down the field


 
Marcus (#14) fighting for the ball.
What a joy it has been to watch Marcus go from picking grass and dragging his feet on the soccer field to becoming Mr. Aggressive Goal-Scorer this season.  Whenever he has the ball, Marcus has a big smile on his face whether he dribbles it to the goal or loses it to the other team.  He insists on keeping a running tally of all the goals he has ever scored, so when he tells you, "I scored 9 goals" you'll know what he means.  Mostly, it brings great satisfaction to see Marcus learn about teamwork, camraderie, hard-work, and reaching your goals.  I'll have to remember these life lessons when I'll be a soccer mom to not just 1, but 2,3, and 4 little boys in a few years.  That's a lot of time in the minivan!



2 comments:

Chastina said...

Way to go Marcus! That is great that he is learning so much.

Jenn said...

What fun! I can't believe he's so old already. With Anjuli in preschool I really feel like my family's growing up a bit. *Bravo on the chair remodel! You really inspire me :) And that is quite a blow to the eye, poor guy! He definitely does look like a tough kid :) Miss you Olivia, hopefully we can come visit again someday.