Sunday, October 7, 2007

Friends

Marcus had the opportunity to play with many of his friends this week including Grant Hulbert (1st picture) and Averie Nixon (2nd picture). He loves having friends over but is certainly learning how to share and be gentle.

Now that Kjell is in school, he spends a small portion of his weekend with his nose stuck in a book. Fortunately, he still sticks his nose in Marcus' books when Marcus requests "book" every night at bedtime (after "juice", "milk", "TV", and "song" have all been tried).

Work on our house continues. I've been doing research for months on cabinets, lighting, flooring, vanities, fixtures, colors, roofs, etc. (Kjell researched the appliances), and now it is the time for me to do some serious shopping. It's hard work, but someone has to do it.

Holden has begun to laugh, roll-over and reach. No one can make him laugh like Marcus can. The other night Marcus realized Holden was laughing at him and started to "perform" for him. He danced, put his cup on his head and made funny noises.

Marcus enjoys his preschool. Yesterday I was singing him the alphabet and when I paused he would sing the next letter. He also likes to count to 10 (with the exception of the number 7), slides, and story time at the library.



3 comments:

Bringhursts said...

Busy, busy. I can't believe you already have a kid old enough for preschool! Time flies.

Janelle said...

Marcus and Holden are adorable. I can't believe you have two kids and a house undergoing renovations (the plans look awesome, by the way). You are truly Superwoman.

missy. said...

what?! is that grant hulbert, as in from the old ward? holy COW, what has happened? has it really been that long since we first moved in there? he was just a little baby!

i spent two solid minutes staring at that picture thinking that couldn't POSSIBLY be the same grant hulbert i remember...