Sunday, January 18, 2009

Henry Present and Sleeping on the Floor

January is a tough month to have two energetic little boys, especially when I'm feeling very un-energetic. Cold weather, dark evenings, and sickness combine to make lots of inside days, (not to mention Marcus has stopped taking naps and Kjell's extremely busy with his new business), but we try to be creative when we are home and leave the house as often as possible! Even though the boys try me (they have a 6th sense that the baby is coming!), they never fail to make me laugh!

Holden. We transferred Holden to Marcus' room before Christmas to free up his crib for the baby. Holden sleeps on the bottom bunk especially made for him not to roll out of bed, but easy for him to climb out. He's recently discovered the latter and now immediately climbs out of bed as soon as the door shuts (for his nap and at night) and roams around the room playing with toys and looking at books. Inevitably, we find him asleep on the floor with his blanket and stuffed animals that he has pulled off the bed as well.


Marcus. Marcus has been asking for a "Henry present" for quite a while now and one day I said, "maybe when the baby comes out he'll bring you a Henry present." Marcus immediately latched on to this idea and has since looked at my belly daily and said something like "there's the baby and there's Henry!" and "I want the baby to come out and give Marcus a Henry present." Recently he's been asking to make a door in mommy's belly so the baby and Henry can come out. Suffice it to say, I think I know who Marcus will be more excited to see...

4 comments:

Andrea said...

You've summed up my feelings about January perfectly in your first paragraph. We are getting a little tired of inside days. I love to read how you are getting everyone ready for the baby -- you're a great mom!

Jenn said...

Oh that is too cute! Wow, you must be getting excited (aka ready) for the baby :) You are super-mom Olivia, if anyone can do it, it's you!

Julia said...

I can relate to your love of January. Hard stuff with two active kiddos, especially with you being so pregnant. I can just picture Holden roaming around the room and falling asleep. That is precious.

The Johstoneaux Family said...

Wow and new baby and a Henry present! That's cute! :) I talked to a lady the other day who recently had her 3rd boy. She told me that she thought having the newborn was a lot easier than being pregnant and chasing two little boys. Let's hope that's the case!