


Photo 2 - Original garage door that Olivia paints the color of the shutters.
What happens next:
Olivia ruins the garage door by hitting it (not on purpose, really). It is a lawn ornament for several weeks and then Olivia gets to pick out a new ONE. She convinces Kjell that two doors would look better then one at minimal cost. Kjell agrees based on the fact that Olivia can no longer hog the garage when there are 2 garage doors.
Photo 3 - The center column is installed.
At this point Olivia realizes she is definitely putting form over function...the doors will look great but 8 feet is a narrow space to park a wide minivan. She knows her mirrors won't last long.
Photo 4 - Beautiful carriage-house style doors complete the New England style of the house (plus add light to the dungeon-like garage).
What do you think?
7 comments:
Olivia, you just get it right every time. They are beautiful!
Wow! I love what you did (even though you didn't mean to run into the original door). I really like the new doors.
love it! You have to best style! ha ha and I loved the story that went alone with the pic's!
When Ben and I buy our own house, I will have you come over all the time to fix all the ugly things and make them beautiful. You sure have a talent for remodeling! I love especially love that style of garage door as well. Looks really great!
Love it. You guys do such a great job fixing up your home! We need to learn to be handy...
Love them!
love them
Post a Comment