
Kjell's younger brother Kye (19) arrived from Oregon on Tuesday and stayed with us for one night en route to the Missionary Training Center in Provo. In November Kye received his mission call to the Minneapolis Minnesota Mission (parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Canada) where he'll speak English (it is not uncommon for a missionary to learn a foreign language even if they are called to serve in the United States).
Tuesday evening we gave Kye a tour of our home and he was able to have a video chat with older brother Per via Skype. Wednesday morning Joshua, Shawn, and Vanessa (Shawn's wife) came over for a pancake breakfast. We had Swedish pancakes and German pancakes and enjoyed real maple syrup. Kye leaned over to Marcus and said "this comes from trees [refering to the syrup]." Marcus replied "German pancakes don't live in trees!"
Kjell and Kye ate lunch together before Kjell dropped off Kye at the MTC Wednesday afternoon. Since Kye will be serving a mission for 2 years, Wether will be 3 by the time he returns! Also, both Emma-kate (due any day!) and Julie are pregnant, so Kye will have more nephews (perhaps a niece?) to return home to.
1 comment:
Already??! Wow, I can't believe Kye is that old. I still remember in his high chair with that red curly hair when Emma-Kate and I babysat once. And thanks for the reminder, I forgot Kate was pregnant and I didn't even know Julie was pregnant! Cool! So you're next, right? ;)
Post a Comment