Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

It was a rainy Halloween here in Utah.  We began the festivities with a potluck party at our neighbor's house.  Good friends, yummy food, lots of rain.

Holden really wanted to be a bee again this year even though we borrowed a Buzz Lightyear custom that he wouldn't even try on.  Holden does not like change!  At pre-school and the ward trunk-or-treat he wore his skeleton pajamas.  Poor Holden didn't eat a thing and started to nod off at the party around 6pm.  Kjell brought him home and put him to sleep (he woke up later that night with a fever).

Wether managed to find his way outside several times during the rainy evening and made a bee-line straight for the mud puddle.  After 3 different outfits and/or shoe changes, this got rather old!  He loved the party but got a warm bath instead of trick-or-treating in the rain.

Marcus wanted to be Bumblebee, which was a cheap and easy costume to find.  I was in charge of his kindergarten Halloween party where we played Halloween bingo, pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern, musical chairs, donuts on a string, did an obstacle course, and made vampires and/or ghosts out of lollipops.  At the end we played freeze dance to Thriller and Monster Mash.  Kjell took Marcus trick-or-treating with Mason White and Bailey Shauers during a break in the rain.
My sweet mouse.  Yes, he has a blackeye.  That's two in our household within a month.  Once again, I'm not even sure how he got it except that there was a crash in the basement and I found him at the bottom of the stairs.

Holden not feeling well

Marcus (Bumblebee) and Dallas (Megatron)

Angel and Wether enjoying pizza

We have pavers.  We have grass.  We have mud.

I checked in on Marcus to find him sleeping with his mask on.
This was a last minute costume that Kjell and I came up with for his work party.  Any guesses?  Most people were correct in assuming he was Brett Michaels. 

2 comments:

Chastina said...

Poor Holden! It's hard to be sick when all you want to do is celebrate.

Great costumes!

Carrilyne said...

poor Holden! I hope he wasn't sick too long! Everything else sounded fab! What was your costume!?