 |
| Marcus ready for his kindergarten Thanksgiving feast. He choose to be an indian (instead of a pilgrim) because he wanted to make a bow and arrow. At first Marcus didn't want to wear his awesome vest but he eventually warmed up to the idea when I explained he must of killed a deer and a sheep to make it. |
 |
| Don't worry Marcus, I hold the bow the same way. The arrow is just a stick with the feathers taped to the end. |
 |
| A few days earlier, Dallas came over and we made indian headbands. |
 |
| Warriors |
 |
| After school Marcus decided his arrow needed a sharp tip, hence the exacto knife taped to the end. When I showed Kjell, he said "that's my boy!" Apparently Kjell used to take knives apart in order to make arrows. Notice that Marcus has lost another bottom tooth. |
 |
| Another huge blessing to be thankful for - Jordyn! Jordyn's a nursing student living in our guest suite in exchange for babysitting and cleaning. The boys love her and I'm beginning to wonder what I did without her. Marcus told Dallas that Jordyn has lots of sleepovers at his house. |
 |
| Holden loves clementines (he calls them lemon vines). You can see our table set for Thanksgiving in the background. |
Pam and I discussed how we would definitely take pictures this year. Whoops…I guess I’ll have to type at least a thousand words. We enjoyed a delicious feast with Pam, Heather and Shane Frazier and their 4 children, and Joshua. Kjell and I hosted and provided the turkey, stuffing, gravy, a chocolate pie, and sparkling apple cider. Heather and Shane brought mashed potatoes, peas, and a cherry pie. Pam brought enough rolls to feed an army (and they’ll all get eaten because they were excellent), wild rice, jello salad, and apple, banana, pumpkin, and razzleberry pies. Joshua brought yams. After dinner, we played a quick game of trivial pursuit while the kids played in the basement, ate ridiculous amounts of pie, and then called it a night. We all counted our blessings around the Thanksgiving table, one of which was obvious – a feast celebrated with friends and family. Unfortunately Kjell’s brother Shawn couldn’t make it but Kjell, Joshua, and Marcus brought Thanksgiving to him with a huge basket of food. Tomorrow we’ll begin decorating for Christmas and perhaps watch Santa arrive at the mall via helicopter. Happy Holidays!
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! I love Marcus' Indian outfit.
Post a Comment