| WW playing in the basement - what a train track! He's quite self-entertaining these days. |
| A very cold day up the canyon. Wether wanted to wear sunglasses so his brothers did too of course. Sometimes he is the leader. |
| Marcus by the Provo River |
| Silly Holden |
| Kjell washing Wether's hair in the kitchen sink before giving him a haircut. |
| Port Nordmark at 6 days old. |
| Grandma Love's birthday cake. Marcus and Holden helped blow out the candles. |
| Mom and Ron and Kathy Christensen. Kathy is an old friend from New Canaan. |
| Port had lots of time in Grandma's arms. |
| Port's bath at 2 weeks old. |
When Port was just a few days old we needed to get out of the house so we drove up the canyon for a short walk….but it was frigid! We ended up leaving Port in the car while the older boys ran around for a bit. It was a brief trip but refreshing as well.
My mom came when Port was a week old to help – what a difference an extra set of hands make! Throughout the week I was able to come and go with ease as I drove Marcus and Holden to school and swim lessons, since mom stayed home with WW and Port. It’s quite the process getting all of the kids in and out of the car (and bundled up!) so it was welcome aid. Of course we did have once instance when Wether took off running into the parking lot with my mom frantically chasing him…it was scary at the time but I’m sure we’ll look back and laugh! OK, lets be honest, I laughed while it was happening.
Port weighed in at 9 lbs 6 oz. at his 2 week appointment. His jaundice no longer requires lights but the doctor did notice that his collarbone was broken! This probably happened during birth and fortunately causes him no pain (if I am careful not to lift him the wrong way) and will heal completely on its own. Port has a calm disposition and usually fusses only in the evening but is almost always content if he’s held.
Wether seems unaffected by Port’s birth although Marcus has regressed in some areas and Holden is on a constant quest for my attention. I am overwhelmed and disorganized, but everyday these feelings fade. I’m becoming accustomed to more chaos in my life. Port brings such joy that overall I’m hanging in there! I’ve also started to watch my diet and exercise more in hopes of losing close to 20 pounds (again).
3 comments:
It looks so fun over at your house. I can't wait to come play with you guys!
You and Kjell make beautiful babies!!
~j
What fun! Glad you are adjusting to the chaos.
So fun!! Port is a gorgeous baby! Four kids is very chaotic especially with a newborn! But it sounds like you have the right perspective and you will ride the tide with ease!
Post a Comment