Monday, July 11, 2011

Balloon Fest


Marcus and Holden with a Storm Trooper.  Above - The view from our deck.

Port and Daddy

So many balloons to see!

Wether kept saying "pig, pig!"

A family shot with the Storm Trooper

Super Dad

Walking back to the car
Our Fourth of July Weekend began with Provo's Balloon Fest on Saturday morning...early Saturday morning (6:30am).  Holden can be a challenge to get our of bed sometimes, but as soon as I said "do you want to see hot air balloons?" he was up in a flash.  That evening Kjell's brothers Shawn and Joshua and Joshua's girlfriend Alena came over for dinner over the campfire followed by fireworks in the cul-de-sac.  Marcus and Holden loved the sparklers but Wether was scared and wanted to go into the house.  Later that evening, we roasted marshmallows and watched the fireworks in the valley and the Stadium of Fire fireworks off of our deck.  About 15 friends from the neighborhood came over to watch the show.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

I am loving all of your posts! You guys know how to have fun. It's awesome that you get out and take your kids to so many fun things. They are lucky to have such a fun mommy. You're great!

kathryn said...

I have always wanted to do the balloon fest, until 6:00 a.m. that morning when I decide, "Eh, we'll do it next year..."

I love the picture of your family with all the balloons in the background- very cool!