



I only got my camera out a handful of times while we visited Connecticut and Long Island from July 4 to the 13.
We arrived in Norwalk just in time to make the annual Norwalk Yacht Club Lobster Bake (photo 1), which tasted particularly delicious this year after snacking on plane food all day! After dinner, we went on the boat to watch the spectacular fireworks.
Photo 2 - Marcus was finally old enough this year to really enjoy the water and the boats. He even had a sleep-over aboard Maramor with Grandma and Grandpa and loved wearing his lifejacket!
Photo 3 - Holden asleep in the shower of Maramor during one of our day trips.
Photo 4 - This little beach is a short walk from my parents new house. Marcus enjoyed swimming out to the "square". Notice Kjell swimming near the dock.
Other highlights of our trip: Jill and Josh Clegg traveled from NYC to spend the day with us when we first arrived (Jill is our sister-in-law Julie's sister). After a short boat ride, we swam to an island, dodging jellyfish along the way, and explored it for a while.
Kjell spent many hours helping my dad move a few things from the old house. I helped my mom sort through a few boxes and figure out where the furniture should go.
I caught a virus that wiped me out for a day, which I then passed on to my dad...and then to my mom (sorry!).
Kjell and I went on dates, played tennis, and even went kayaking sans Marcus and Holden. Thanks for the babysitting!
Mom and I got to go shopping for a morning with no kids! Dad gave Kjell sailing lessons on an Ideal 18.
The day we left, Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy were visiting my parents from California and it was wonderful to catch up with them for a few hours (and bring them on a coffee run:)
We spent a day in Cutchogue visiting Aunt Darcy, Richard, Uncle Tom, cousin Tom and Marianne. It was a day filled with chatting, eating, relaxing, kayaking, and entertaining two little boys I know. This is a day I look forward to every year!
5 comments:
So fun. Pics are awesome even if there are only a few. I've never been to Connecticut but it looks so beautiful!
I'm so glad that you guys had such a fun trip!
Olivia! Long time no blog.... Sounds like you had a great trip! It looks really beautiful in Connecticut. We really need to get together soon. Brandon is gone all the time, so I'm pretty much always free!
How fun to get to spend time with your family, (and sneak away for some dates). Wouldn't it be nice to have family close all the time? Can't wait to see you soon hopefully. I am still crossing my fingers I can make it out to Utah this summer. Hopefully this baby will come soon (as in today please) and then I can come out and visit!
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time! Reading about your adventures made me want to go out to the East Coast!
Post a Comment