Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 3 - The Wedding




I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that my dress cost me $5 (Down East Home Tent Sale) and the shoes $6 (D.I.) Pam gave me the flower that is attached to my sash when she dropped us off at the airport and my mom provided the bling. We found Kjell's tux at a thrift shop in Connecticut for our wedding in 2003.

Before the wedding.

Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy.

Uncle Tom.

Cathy Davis and Aunt Darcy looking ravishing in her gown.

The ballroom.  Kjell and I passed out programs.

My hot date.

Looking good.

The groomsmen.

The bridesmaids.

I love watching the groom when he first sees the bride.

Marianne was stunning.  She truly took my breath away.  There was such a reverent feeling in the ballroom when she entered.


Mr. and Mrs. Love!

Aunt Darcy and Richard

J.P., Kaya, Gina, Mom, Dad, Olivia, & Kjell
I started getting ready for the wedding quite early so that I would have time to help Aunt Darcy with her hair along with Linda.  I went to her room but she was getting her make-up done so I began doing my own hair in her room.  Soon Linda and Melanie took over and it was like I had 2 private hairdressers.  They did a great job - my hair didn't move an inch the whole night!  Unfortunately, by the time Aunt Darcy's make-up was done, it was time to head to the reception (I needed to be there early to pass out programs).  On the plus side, her hair is naturally curly and gorgeous, so I don't know if I could have improved it!  Nonetheless, Aunt Darcy looked fabulous and out-danced everyone I might add.

On the down side, as Melanie was putting on her gown, the zipper broke.  She literally had to be sewn into her dress by the hotel tailor.  She missed the wedding but made it to the reception.  Melanie was calm as a cucumber and more concerned that her husband Richard would be stressed because she wasn't there.  What a sport!

No comments: