![]() |
| Breakfast at Scoozi's with Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy |
![]() |
| On a tiny ferry to Granville Island |
![]() |
| Granville Street Bridge |
![]() |
| Tour of the brewery. I liked tasting the cracked wheat. |
![]() |
| At the tasting table after the tour. The beer was great...so we were told! |
![]() |
| At the immensely popular "Go Fish" eatery. I got the grilled Alaskan Salmon sandwich, dad got prawns, Kjell and mom ordered fish and chips. Delicious. |
![]() |
| Outside the Cactus Club in downtown Vancouver awaiting yet another gourmet meal. |
Granville Island is a peninsula and shopping district in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It is located in False Creek directly across from Downtown Vancouver's peninsula, under the south end of the Granville Street Bridge. The peninsula was once an industrial manufacturing area, but today it is now a major tourist destination and working neighborhood.
After a delicious breakfast at Scoozi’s with Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy we decided to take the ferry to Granville Island for the day. J.P. and Gina opted to sleep in…later I discovered that J.P. went partying with Tom, Marianne, and the Groomsmen until 4am, so it was no wonder he was sleepy. We walked around for a bit before taking a tour of a brewery, which was a short and interesting even to us teetotalers. We enjoyed the tour but didn’t taste the beer although none of our samples went to waste as others were more than happy to partake! Next Kjell and mom were craving fish and chips so we asked around and found the best place to eat was “Go Fish”. After a lengthy wait (which was pleasant since we were outside) we ate a delicious lunch right off the boat! Back at the hotel we enjoyed a brief rest before heading out again.
The 6 of us went for a bike ride around the perimeter of Stanley Park along the seawall on deluxe bikes provided by the hotel. Kaya fell asleep in the Baby Bjorn on J.P’s chest. It was a spectacular bike ride (but I forgot my camera), so much so that we did it again the next morning (minus Mom and Gina).
Lastly, we went to the Cactus Club for dinner in downtown Vancouver and then swam in the pool at the hotel.
1 comment:
I love that you are touring a beer brewery with a BYU sweatshirt on! Ha ha! You lucky girl to leave all 4 kids at home! I wish I got that luxury. I have stayed in Vancouver at the same hotel! I went there for a Graphic Design Conference that BYU paid for. I wish JM had gone with me though. It is so beautiful there with so much to do! I loved it. So glad you had a great time with your family!
Post a Comment