

I found a hutch online a few months ago that was the perfect dimensions for the desk in our office. I almost didn't buy the hutch because I had to buy the desk that matched it and we did not need another desk! I took a risk, bought the set with the intention of redoing the desk and selling it. It was a success! I bought both items for $90 and was able to sell the desk (that I spray painted black and added brushed nickel hardware) for $150 just a few hours after listing it on KSL. We stained the hutch to match the desk and trim in our office.
Photo 1 - Desk and hutch before.
Photo 2 - Hutch after staining it to match our office desk (yes Angie, the one we found at a garage sale and stripped and stained way back in 2004 - I still love it).
Photo 3 - Desk after.
12 comments:
You are so talented! Are you so excited for garage saleing again?! I'm totally coming with you all summer! Well.... I work every other Sat. but on my off weeks I'm totally coming with you!!
AAAA MAZING!
Goodness, your blog is better than HGTV! Loved seeing you last night!
Wow! And that's nice you made a little money off your hard work.
I'm so impressed! You have such a talent for that. It looks awesome.
um awesome dress. also have i ever told you that i think your profile pic is so cute? it looks like a baby gap ad or something.
p.s. when i said "awesome dress" i mean dressER. dresser. sorry.
That's so cool! I love that!
I am truly amazed by your genius and crafty means of being frugal and innovative. You are inspiring!
Fabulous!
Pleeeease come help me decorate our house (someday when we get one)! You have the ability to take a mediocre piece of furniture and turn it into something goreous.
Make that "gorgeous".
Lars was helping me type. :)
~julie
Post a Comment