


Wether comes by his name honestly; he is named after his great-grandfather William Wetherill Love (my dad's dad). My Uncle Bill is also named William Wetherill Love and Wetherill is the middle name of Uncle Bill's grandson Ty Wetherill and my cousin Thomas Wetherill.
Grandpa Bill died when I was a baby but his legacy lives on. I've never heard anyone that knew Bill speak of him without the greatest respect and admiration especially noting his kind heart, strong work ethic, and devotion to his family (he and Grandma Agnus had 3 sons too). I'm particular grateful for his contribution to our family's genealogy - his records have helped
tremendously.
tremendously.It's with great pleasure that we name our 3rd son after such a great man and hope that little WW will bring honor to Grandpa Bill's name and pass it on to many more generations.
PS - Grandpa Bill wrote a skating column for the New York Journal-American, hence the heading.
2 comments:
I love this - And Grandpa Love was the best! Very kind, gentle and loving with his family and all living creatures (oh yes, a vegetarian and a good balance for lively, opinionated and pary-on Grandma Agnes!)... Cathy and I loved going to stay at G & G Love's house - we even got to visit his work at C&W Post. Now there's some fun ... seeing his bylines on the sports articles. Very cool!
I know I've mentioned it before but "Wether" is a great way to make the name the baby's own while keeping the history.
Post a Comment