Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spiderman Birthday Party














































We celebrated Marcus' 5th birthday with a Spiderman party at our house. Activites included: sidewalk chalk, relay races, Kjell throwing parachute men off the roof, two squirt gun fights, pizza, a candy hunt in the yard, a trailer ride through the neighborhood, cake and presents. The highlight of the day was definitely the impromtu talent show. In an effort to stall the opening of gifts (so I could set up Skype with Grandma and Grandpa) we sang a song and then I asked Marcus if he wanted to choose a song for everyone to sing. He then stood up and sang a solo "I am a Child of God." Next, Mason wanted a turn and sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for everyone. Lastly, Andrew sang "I Love to See the Temple". Dallas and Joseph did not want to perform.

6 comments:

Julia said...

Sounds like the best boy party of the century. You make motherhood look like so much fun!

Chastina said...

What a fun party!

Andrea said...

It looks and sounds like a very fun birthday party. Happy Birthday Marcus!

Erin R. said...

Love impromptu talents shows....we get them from my little brother! It sounds like everything was a success!

Jenn said...

Happy bday Marcus! Wow, I can't believe he's 5 already, I still remember when he was 18 mo old and we were babysitting at your house. That is too funny about the talent show!

The Johstoneaux Family said...

Joseph didn't want to perform? Sounds like my boy!