Monday, June 2, 2008

Timpanogos Caves

Sadly, my camera was stolen from a park in Provo several weeks ago, which has led to a lack of blogging. On the other hand, this was good timing, since my birthday is this week and now Kjell knows exactly what I want...
We hiked to Timpanogos Caves on Saturday with our friends the Johstoneauxs (thank you Jessica for documenting this adventure seeing as the aforementioned camera is surely in a pawn shop by now), something I'm amazed I've never done after living in the area for almost 10 years! The hike was steep, the views gorgeous, and the caves fascinating. Here are a few pics:



In other exciting news, Kjell and I will be heading down to Zion's on Thursday to hike Angel's Landing and Subway (if we can get a permit). This will be in celebration of 5 years of marriage in August! Kjell proposed to me in June of 2003 in the Narrows (also in Zion's National Park).

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I haven't been to Timp Cave in a long time. It was steep I remember, but very cool. Enjoy your trip to Zion's this weekend. Happy 5th Anniversary!

debbie rowley said...

How fun! That looks like a great family activity. Have a blast on your hike1 I'll look forward to seeing pictures! Happy birthday a couple of days early!

Zach Peacock said...

I haven't been to Timp since I was a kid... It's easy to forget the cool things in your own back yard. This was such a great idea! Now I'm going to steal it to use on a family trip this summer.

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

Erin R. said...

I'm so sorry about your camera! We had ours stolen in Disneyland once. I'm glad you guys had such a great time at the caves and hope you have fun at Zion's!

Bringhursts said...

I love the Timp Caves hike though it is straight up. Have fun in Zion!